Friday, February 24, 2006

Friday On My Mind

Survivor night last night.  I am glad Ruthie is gone!!!  Nothing against her but I think that the strong should survive and win this game.  I enjoy a little intrigue but would rather have the real 'survivors' duke it out in the end, not a strong player and the one that hid in shadows and rode coattails the whole way...just my 2 cents.
 
Last night was also a weird night for music, Ipod music.  I hit my parents collection (which also includes many of my, my brothers' and my sister's CDs that have been left behind) to add some more music to the Ipod.  So when all was said and done I ended up adding the following artists to my Ipod:  The Beastie Boys, Neil Diamond, Janis Joplin (all 4 albums), ZZ Top, Bob Segar and the Silver Bullet Band, Better Than Ezra, Elvis and The Beach Boys (Pet Sounds).  Quite the odd musical collection I thought as I put about 10 albums into itunes and I will listen to all of them, which is the funny part.
 
I was also up till 2am waiting for the wife to come home.  She had a meeting, that turned into a social gathering that turned into girl's night out.  I stayed up, just in case someone needed a ride and to watch my newest addiction, Project Runway.  I know, I know, I have said in the past I hate most of these 'reality' shows and I cannot stand fashion, models, etc...but for some reason this show has me hooked.  There was a marathon last weekend and the wife recorded it as she wanted to watch it.  She did and then saved them because she thought I would like it, and I did, oddly enough.
 
This weekend is another Scout trip, Junior Leader Training,  This session the boy is the Troop Scribe (which is what I am in charge of) and they asked me to come and teach something for 45 minutes, to get the Scouts out of the cabin and the lecture room to have a little fun.  The BSA is very serious about it's young leader training and our Scoutmaster spends the weekend with the boys going over a very good program.  Then he has 4-5 of us adult leaders come in to give him a break and to introduce us to the boys.  It's a good time and I am looking forward to it.  Then back home as we do not spend the night to watch The Exorcism of Emily Rose and The Constant Gardener (both from NetFlix).  Another busy weekend with a little bit of relaxation.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home