Thursday, February 09, 2006

True Story

While in high school I was basically a good boy, I had my moments but as an Eagle Scout and the Youth Group President and a volunteer at the local Public Access station I was one of the 'clean cut kids'. Although I was terror on wheels, I killed more cars between the age of 16 and 18 then most people have cars in their lives...

One night while driving with a friend we sped passed a police officer going the other way, I knew we were toast when I saw him light up and turn around, instead of doing the smart thing and pulling over I hit the gas and took off and turned into a residential area off the main road. After turning this way and that I pulled into a driveway and my buddy and I ducked down and held our breath. It was not long before we hear a knock on the window and a light in the car. I rolled down the window and the officer said to me..."If you are going to hide take your foot off the break next time." I had never put the car in park and just had on foot on the break the whole time. I gave the cop a chuckle and got a good tongue lashing, got out of the ticket as he knew of my family but I never ran from a cop again (except once in college but that is another story...).

2 Comments:

At 2:00 PM, Blogger Aunt Murry said...

The only thing I ever did in H.S. was cuss out the bus driver. I still have a mouth but it never really gets exercised.

 
At 7:57 PM, Blogger Brent said...

Ooooo, I would not have been so nice. Running means jail and tickets. Well, unless I knew your family.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home