Monday, April 10, 2006

Hate-monger

Today at 5pm there will be an Immigration Rally in downtown Indianapolis.  Apparently I am a Hate-monger and Bigot because I am against these Illegal Immigrants.

  • Why is it that I want people to obey the laws of the land and I am a bigot?
  • Why is it that I want people to come to this great country but do so legally and I am a bigot?
  • Why is it that I see these people who want to be citizens gather but they are waving Mexican flags and holding signs and chanting in Spanish about their rights and I am a bigot?
  • Why is it that I want people who live and work in this country to speak and read English just like my Grandparents from Italy and Ireland had to do and I am a bigot? 
  • Why is it that I am concerned about what is coming across our unsecured borders in way of terrorist, bombs and drugs but I am the bigot?
  • Why is it that I get frustrated that it now takes 2 hours to get onto your flight and you might have to go through a strip search but someone can swim across a river and within 24 hours be getting free health care and welfare and I am a bigot?
  • Why is it that gas prices are soaring, America is outsourcing, we still are not secure from terrorists and 5 years later Ground Zero is still a giant hole but our Government is more concerned with granting immunity to 15 million criminals and I am the bigot?

1 Comments:

At 12:55 PM, Blogger Aunt Murry said...

I guess that I am a bigot also. I feel the same way. Once again you put into words what I have been feeling. Thanks! I did not know that you were an Italian-Irish...So am I! Small World!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home