Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Works For Me Wednesday


So you want a Christmas Idea:

I was one of those that always spent several hours a year taking all the lights out of the Rubbermaid box and untangling the big old light knot that formed over the summer. Well last year I purchased 2 of those 5 gallon buckets for sunflower seeds. I kept them instead of tossing them because well they were clean (seed in individual packets) and I am a pack rat. So when Christmas was over and it was time to take down the lights I had to go buy another Rubbermaid box (our Christmas decorations grow every year). TO save a few bucks I used the Sunflower seed buckets and what do you know, they coiled in there nice and neat, the lid fit snugly and when I opened the top this year I was able to pull the one end and hand it while the rest of the lights were nice and neat still in the bucket. I was hooking the lights on the gutter and the boy was just carrying one bucket of lights. No muss no fuss!!!! Enjoy!

5 Comments:

At 8:15 AM, Blogger Lady Why said...

Those Christmas lights are always tricky! That's a great idea!!

 
At 8:18 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

No de-tanglin stress! That makes for a nice start to the Holiday Season! Good Idea!

 
At 8:22 AM, Blogger Aunt Murry said...

You're handier than a shirt pocket!

 
At 3:40 PM, Blogger Rae said...

Great idea! They would probably work in ice cream buckets then too I assume, awesome. Thanks for sharing! =)

 
At 7:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lights? Buckets? Decorations? Christmas?

What the hell are you babbling about, man?!?!

Lilly

 

Post a Comment

<< Home