Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Works For Me Wednesday

Organizing Bills

So it is the new year and I am getting better organized in my life. To start off I have organized my bill station on my desk. First go get a coupon organizer (or accordion file) with a flap to close it and tabs. Then label the tabs 1 thru 31, for me each tab is 3 days. When the bills come I file the paperwork and place the bill stub and envelope into the file under the day it is due. When I do my bills weekly I know exactly what is due and it gets paid. It might be simple but man oh man does it help me tons!!!!!

6 Comments:

At 9:26 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

For my WFMW, I almost posted my bill paying tip too! I just put all the bills on the calendar, the amount and entity on the day it is due. I pay them on-line, so I don't need to save the slips. I also put my pay days on the calendar so I know when the bills can be paid.

 
At 10:26 AM, Blogger Winnie said...

That's a great idea! Now what do you do with the bill stubs? Do you archive those in a file drawer somewhere or do you just toss?

 
At 11:44 AM, Blogger Kara said...

Great tip! And Mari, also a great tip! I'm starting to get more organized in bills (did a wfmw on it a few weeks ago) and i really appreciate any tips.

 
At 5:26 PM, Blogger Nikki said...

Anything that has to do with organization I love! What a great tip, so simple, yet so helpful! Thanks.

 
At 7:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

New to your blog ... love your tip.

 
At 11:37 PM, Blogger Amber said...

Hey, that's a good idea. I'm trying to set a good system up for us, too. Thanks!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home