Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Slow Motion...

Finally it is Wednesday! Took forever to get here, not sure why. Yesterday was slower than any day I have ever had! Everyone at work was tired. I mean literally yawning all over the office. Every department, every level, it was unreal. I was sore from the workout, but in the end I felt great.

Did anyone watch any of the Ford coverage? Did you see the one constant from DC to his final resting place? Boy Scouts. The man was an Eagle Scout and always said that all of his good qualities came from his Scouting experience. When dignitaries from all over the world came to the National Cathedral they were greeted and ushered to their seats by 100 Eagle Scouts. At various points Eagle Scouts helped carry his casket. An organization that helps build young boys into strong men, filled with duty and honor to their community, country and fellow man. This same organization that some (ACLU) are trying to ban from using schools as meeting places, ban them from using State and National Parks for camping and hiking. It is terrible what a loud mouth and some money can make our courts and government do.

2 Comments:

At 10:25 AM, Blogger Mindie said...

The ACLU--I can't stand them.

 
At 9:47 PM, Blogger Brent said...

I hate the ACLU, also...

BUT...

as a police officer I've had the chance to interact with homosexuals during various investigations. Just because one is gay doesn't mean they are a pedophile. And my work now in computer forensics cements that belief. And while I'm more open to scout leaders not being gay, somewhat, I think gay boys need the support and leadership offered by the scouts.
I say this with the knowledge that I have two sons who would have to interact with those gay boys. But you're either gay or you're not. Another boy is not going to make you gay.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home