Thursday, February 15, 2007

Holy Snow...

As if the past two weeks were not crazy enough with Super Bowl coverage and winter weather we get hit with ANOTHER storm on Tuesday...over a foot of the white stuff covered our city and brought everything to a stand still.

Not only were the roads crazy and the schools closed but I LOCKED MY KEYS IN THE CAR when I got to work and had to wait 2 hours for someone to come help. I then made my way home as the only person on the road for the entire trip. Truly scary!!!! Even the wife had a snow day as they closed all the banks. I have some pics coming.


Yesterday was Valentine's Day and I got the wife nothing. I had been trapped at work for 2 days and all the stores were closed. I did give her a big hug and kiss and told her how much I do truly love her. She was very happy with that.

IF you have snow I hope you have dug yourself out by now. I got up yesterday at 7am to shovel the foot out of my driveway so we could get to work. It took me about 2 hours to get a path wide enough for the cars to fit. Luckily both cars made it into the garage the night before so I did not have to clear those was well. The snow was pretty light until the bottom of the driveway were the plows had created some snow walls that reached above my waist. The poor dog cannot get outside do to the fact that the snow drift against the sliding glass door is about 2 feet tall and I am afraid to open it lest it all come into the house.

The boy did smart with the snow days. Yesterday he was home alone (my mother was trapped in her house and the plow guy didn't come till 1pm, but she was happy for the quiet) and had some friends over for a little while but when I got home he had already cleaned his room, neatened the living room where his friends were and did an extra credit project for school. As of today all of his classes are now up to an 80 or better!!!! He is doing a fantastic job, we are very proud of him and tell him that....

1 Comments:

At 8:41 PM, Blogger Brent said...

I wish I could get my kids to do ANYTHING on snow days. They assume positions on the couch. You must be a gifted father.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home