Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Works For Me Wednesday

Organizing PC Programs and Games...

Like many I have a ton of PC programs and games. Some I will keep forever others will end up passed on to friends or family and even more will end up sitting around collecting dust. I have come up with a way to keep the boxes and instructions together so that when I want to get rib of them (garage sale, ebay, halfprice books) I will have everything needed to sell at a reasonable price and be complete.

I take apart the box and toss the cardboard inserts so that I can collapse the box so that it is flat. If I have no need of the instructions I place them with the flattened box and put them in a hanging file folder. As the collection grows I make sure they are in alphabetical order so that I can find the box and instructions needed quickly. I find that places like HalfPrice Books and game trade in stores give a premium price on programs with original box and instructions. Now the only problem is being able to part with some of my games....but hey it works for me!

1 Comments:

At 3:33 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

I love that you put them in alphabetical order! Little details like that help a lot, don't they?

Mari
Slowing Down
Franklin Foto
Come visit me. I'm a nice girl!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home