Thursday, February 22, 2007

Whirlwind

I have several posts so please stand by:

Prisoner:
My father-in-law visited last week with his family. So from Thursday last till Tuesday this I have had house guests, during which we were dealing with snow and lack of places to go. Plus with the FIL and Step MIL there was also my niece/sister-in-law who is 6. She is the daughter of my Step MIL's daughter who has abandoned her and my FIL has decided they will adopt and raise her. So she was here as well. We had a great time but it was one of those every waking moment visits when I was not at work I was with them. So we did not watch OUR TV or go to the movies or just sit and read and hang out. 6 days of entertaining, like I said I had a great time (and I hope they did) but it makes one very tired.

Night Shift:
Since Monday I have had alternating shifts. Either AM or PM but never the same in a row. Yesterday I worked my normal morning shift but today I am working till midnight then have to turn around and work tomorrow morning. One of the directors is on vacation and I am mister fill in. No OT involved just taking one for the team. In the end with no complaints it leave a good impression on the boss.

Age:
I am looking at the new author who I would like to read and he looks VERY familiar. So I check out his website and some reviews and nothing rings a bell. I finally go to the wikipedia and find that this guy Joe Hill is Stephen King's son. HOLY SH*T when did this happen. I remember that King had a son the same age as me but this guy had been around awhile and DOUBLE HOLY SH*Y I am almost 40. I look at myself and I still see that guy out of college (with a few extra pounds, well more than a few). I am damn near doing my job for 20 years, I have all this life experience and I still feel like that 19 year old sitting at the adult table when they are talking politics. I understand what they are saying but I feel like I have nothing to add. When did I get old.

And finally one of those quiz things......

Your Brain is Green

Of all the brain types, yours has the most balance.
You are able to see all sides to most problems and are a good problem solver.
You need time to work out your thoughts, but you don't get stuck in bad thinking patterns.

You tend to spend a lot of time thinking about the future, philosophy, and relationships (both personal and intellectual).

1 Comments:

At 9:02 PM, Blogger Brent said...

Joe King has actually been in quite a few movies, though never become as famous as his father. I have almost every hardback book that Stephen has published. I love to be scared. Anyway, Joe looks just like his dad, which might explain his lack of acting jobs. OUCH!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home