Monday, March 26, 2007

Is it Time To Wake Up??

Hello? Where did the weekend go? Friday night we were out at dinner (the wife and I, the boy was camping) then got home and played a little Guitar Hero (very fun, we have 2 controllers). Then instead of TV we talked, played some more and then went to bed. I awoke at 5:15am and drove to Conseco Fieldhouse to work the 2007 IHSSA Boy's State Finals. It technical directed 4 basketball games and all the in between stuff (half time, commercial breaks, award ceremonies, in between games). That means we were on the air from 10:30am till 4:30pm with NO BREAKS. Then took a quick break (50 minutes), then back to the grind; live from 6:00pm till 10:30pm, with NO BREAKS. So I left home at 5:30am and got back at 11pm and worked my ass off.

To top it off I went to bed at midnight, STARVING (remember no breaks) and the alarm woke me up at 4:20am to go to REGULAR work. That's right, after the marathon freelance job I had to fill in for someone on the AM shift. I get home after 10am and then pick up the boy, go to lunch with the parents, my sister, and my brother and his wife (down from Chicago); sit around my parent's house to visit and then get home after 4pm. Once again the weekend flew by and I have nothing to show for it but a sore back and bags under my eyes. Thank goodness vacation starts Friday at 1pm!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Some Quick Hits:
  • I have the greenest lawn on the block ( :-) ) and know I will have to mow it badly when I return from vacation!!! It is too short now to mow but I figure a week will do it and I will be in NY then. Better then shoveling snow!!!!
  • Got the boy's report card. While not as good as we would like it, it is 100% better then where he was heading!!!
  • The wife is in Cleveland this week, that means two guys living at home alone for 4 days, ohoh!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home