Friday, August 17, 2007

The Long Friday...

Up at 6:30am and we have a football game tonight. Going to be a long one so hold on to your hats. Last night I sat in on an Eagle Board of Review. I have currently accepted a position as District Advancement Chair, it covers 300 Troops/Packs/Crew which is about 4000 scouts. It is an overwhelming number but those who asked seem to think I have the ability to do it. Last night was my first BoR in an 'official' capacity. It was fine, I got to award one young man the rank of Eagle (he is looking at a military career as well) and one of my scouts was also there and got his Eagle. It was a very good night.

Missed the family last night. They had dinner at my parents and then came home for a quiet night. I got home after 9 and had a few words with them before going off to bed myself. The boy is doing well for the first week, we shall see how long that holds. All year we are hoping.

Another busy weekend ahead plus I have a media pass to GenCon. I might go for a day and see what is up there.

Till next time...

Labels:

1 Comments:

At 9:17 PM, Blogger Brent said...

I'm glad to see that other parents are as busy as I am. It makes me feel better that I'm not the only one. I'd say more, but I have to get some sleep.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home