Friday, April 16, 2004

The Friday Five

1. What do you do for a living?
I am a Television Director for a CBS Affiliate. I direct and technical direct local newscasts, news specials and sports shows.

2. What do you like most about your job?
Live TV. Nothing is like it. We sit around for a few hours getting ready for that hour and a half of live news. Sometimes it is quite a rush.

3. What do you like least about your job?
The blame game. It is in every station I ever worked for, people cannot step up and be accountable for their actions. If I make a mistake I admit it, others can't and that is very apparent in a lot of newsrooms from the Asst. News Director down.

4. When you have a bad day at work it's usually because _____...
Either a) my head is not into it. You need to be 100% alert going into a live newscast, if you are 'elsewhere' you are done. Or b) mistakes are made and me (or my department) is held responsible even though we didn't do it and usually saved this person(s) more than once in the past week.

5. What other career(s) are you interested in?
Teaching. I've done this with the intention of getting my teaching degree and teaching at the college level someday. My Television Professor in college told me to do this thing called TV for awhile to live television in the real world, not teach it from a book. And when I become a teacher I will be better for it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home