Friday, April 16, 2004

Play Ball!!!

Baseball has started on all levels in my life. The Bigs started last week, as did my Fantasy League. Wasn't able to make it out to New York for our draft. I missed it and the boys. We are just a loose collection of friends. I asked a few from work, they asked some neighbors, family friends and even a few college buddies, but now every year we get together for the draft at one of our homes and have a great few hours drafting, chatting, grilling, drinking and watching baseball or Final Four basketball on TV. It's always a great time, and I missed it. Next year I won't!

Minor Leagues started the other day and I moved from a town with a great AAA team (Rochester Red Wings) with a great parent club (Twins) to a town with a great AAA team (Indianapolis Indians) with a terrible parent club (Brewers). We'll be in the park nonetheless..........

Little League started yesterday and the boy is excited, I am too as I am an Assistant Coach again. First time in the new town so it should be interesting. We have like 3 practices before the first game and we only practice for 1 hour, once a week. We are used to practicing 2-3 times a week pre season then having 2 games per week. Here we have 1 game per week. Seems a little weak, out practice only runs 1 hour and we have to have it at the league fields, which really limits runover time as the teams are packed up on time. One team at 9am, the other at 10am, 11am and Noon....then that's it. Cross your fingers!!! Plus they make the kids wear those cages on their batting helmets, the boy never wore those before and can't see well.........

That's it for today, my all your hits find the gap!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home