Monday, April 12, 2004

Happy Easter!!!

To those of you who celebrated, Happy Easter!

WE had a great one, the wife invited my family over for Easter Dinner and knocked our socks off!! Turkey, ham, mashed potatoes, stuffed peppers, peas, corn on the cob, hot rolls, candied yams, string beans, chocolate cream pie, cup cakes, strawberry pie, all of it AWESOME. Everyone sat around after in a daze trying not to move too fast. A great time had by all and the first major holiday in our new home.

On the church side we were a little upset. Seems for Easter our new church decided to change service times. We misunderstood and showed up 45 minutes late to mass. Here's what upsets me, why would you change times so drastically on a major holiday. Now mass is usually 7am, 9am, 11:15 and 5pm. This Sunday they did 8am, 10am and Noon, WHY?!?!!?!?! People were walking in for the 11:15 as others were leaving. We showed up 45 minutes early and found ourselves 20 minutes late!!! And don't get me started on the "C&E Catholics". You only see them at church on Christmas and Easter. Why should I and my family have to either get to mass an hour early or risk standing crammed in the back of church for people who come to mass twice a year. Half of them don't take communion and the rest leave before mass is over. Now I am not a pushy church gore. You have your faith and I have mine. We try (and mostly succeed) in going to church every Sunday. I don't think I am better than you because I do and don't judge you if you don't. But what bugs me is every Easter and Christmas everything a church is turned around because of the quick influx of people. Parking is horrible, we've been in some churches were you need tickets to get in to mass, people don't know the mass and have to be told when to stand or sit or kneel. The "C&E"'s are usually rude and their children terrible as they do not go to mass regulally and are bored in the first 5 minutes and let everyone around them know. We once sat behind and father and his 2 teenaged sons and watched as they compared serial numbers on their money all through out the mass. Their is a mass exodus during communion and people are honking, swearing and cutting each other off to get out of the parking lot.

and then you wonder why I seem angry all the time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home