Tuesday, April 20, 2004

The Little Things

They are catching up with me.

Baseball has started but I am not too happy with the new little league. We have practiced twice for an hour each and our first game is Saturday. We are not allowed to practice outside our scheduled times and they shut the power down at 7:30. I was still in the batting cages with one hitter left and they pulled the plug. We get one hour on the field and there is no room off to the side to continue practicing....We'll see how this goes, I am not optimistic about this.

Driving is also killing us, we have to drop off and pick up the boy everyday for school. We leave the house at 7:15am and get home at 7:30pm....Pretty much sucks right now, but we need to get into the rhythm of things. Stuff just flows when you've been doing it for 10 years, then uproot the whole world and you need some adjusting time. A few more weeks and then summer vacation, then another new school but in our town with buses and shorter than a 40 minute round trip to get to school...........

Did a lot of home things this weekend. Mowed and wacked, cleaned and unpacked and started on my workshop. It is 3/4 of the way up and looking good. I need to get some more rooms done, like my office. It is getting there, but we had a wind storm Sunday and it was beautiful all weekend long and I left some windows open. Well Sunday night I find all the paperwork I organized all over the office!!!! Shit on a stick! At least the boxes are gone, I just need another few hours to put everything in it's place.....

Today I made a pact with the wife, we will get up every morning at 7am, have breakfast as a family and one of us will drive the boy to school, while the other straightens the first floor (dishes, blankets, vacuum, etc.). Sounds good, but will it work?? I think so.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home