Wednesday, December 22, 2004

And The Goose Is Getting Fat....

I've been hitting the YMCA 3-4 times a week for the past 2 months. The boy wakes up at 6:30am and gets me out of bed by 7, we talk, get ready for school and he goes to the bus stop to play football with his boyz. That is my cue to leave and go work out. I have been going religiously 3, often 4 times a week and every time it is the same. I do 20 minutes on a treadmill then an 8 machine circuit. All the machines are connected to a computer and your exercises generate points and you can compare points to others in your age/sex/condition bracket. I made two milestones recently: 1) In the month of November I was number 243 in points earned for men in November and 2) I broke my 20 minute mile on the treadmill on Friday. The first one is nothing more than a look I am actually working out 3 times a week. The second is more important to me as it was a goal of mine from the start. Today I met with my coach and added 3 more machines, a 2nd set to all machines and 2 new cardio machines so I have options beyond the treadmill.

The reason I say this today is that yesterday at work, an occational co-worker comes up to me and asks if I've lost weight ( a fact I am not aware of, as a rule I do not step on scales ). True or not just the fact that I appear to someone that I have lost some poundage made working out today a lot easier.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home