Friday, September 23, 2005

Service With A Smile

Is it too much to ask employees at fast food joints to be polite?  I go to this one place (Wendy's) and they are usually very nice to you.  When I order I always say thank you when I am done and have a nice day when I get my order and generally the staff responds kindly.  The other day I went to a Subway and ordered a TOASTED Buffalo Chicken sandwich.  As the 2nod person started to wrap the sandwich the 1st person made I said, can I get that toasted please?  She looked at me like I was interrupting her meal with a telemarketing call:
 
She: You want this toasted?
 
Me: Yes, please.
 
She (to other guy): He ask for this toasted?
 
He: Mumble
 
Me: Yes I would like it toasted please.
 
She: harumph
 
Me: Well it is called a toasted buffalo chicken sandwich.
 
She (To the next in line guy, not with me): You want your toasted too?
 
Him: What? oh, no thank you.
 
When I got the sandwich she stuffed it in the bag and just put it on the counter, I said thank you but she was not even looking at me.  Then they wonder why they are stuck behind a counter...
 
PS:  Is it also too much to ask to get napkins and ketchup with your order?  Why do I have to ask for ketchup when I order a burger and fries?  Shouldn't ketchup, a napkin and straw with a drink be standard in the drive thru?  It used to be, now if I do not ask or forget have none when I get to work and look in the bag!!!  I understand overhead so maybe limit it to 3 packets, 1 for the burger and 2 for the fries, no burger then 2 only, getting a baked potato then just 1.  It's like ordering a sundae and not getting a spoon, what's up with that?!?!?!?!?!!

1 Comments:

At 12:35 AM, Blogger Yvonne said...

Agreed.
But sometimes people do have mood swings too.
take it easy ya?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home