Thursday, December 08, 2005

Sad Day

Driving to work a cop passed me lights blazing, then another, then another followed by 15, yes 15 cops going so fast my car shock on the side of the road. I called the station to report it and was told we had an officer shot and I was near it. As I continue towards work an ambulance pulls in front of me and hauls ass into town, I follow and call the station again telling them the ambulance is on the way in and is heading towards a city hospital (last time we followed an ambulance with the chopper we followed the wrong one). I followed it until I got to work and ran in and directed several Special Reports. Glad to say that the officer will make a full recovery. Sad to say that this was the SECOND Police shooting that day. Earlier in the day an officer was shot in the shoulder while at a domestic dispute. He too will make a dull recovery.

Yesterday was Pearl Harbor Day and it felt like I was one of a few who actually remembered, my station covered it on page 20 of the news and I do not remember seeing it on any morning show. But today I wake up and all I hear is that it is the anniversary of the death of John Lennon. Several thousand Americans are killed or wounded in a sneak attack that draws a nation into war hardly gets noticed, but some English guy who made music is shot in NYC and it is top story on the national news. That's just wrong.

1 Comments:

At 7:41 PM, Blogger Brent said...

I was surprised at the little publicity Pearl Harbor got this year. I hope it's not a trend.

And I didn't hear about the officers there at all. But we rarely do hear about the shootings, only the deaths.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home