Monday, February 27, 2006

Monday Monday!

A good weekend. Did not get all the things I wanted to do done but we did manage to do something other than playing video games!!

Saturday was spent with the Scouts mostly. I taught a 45 minute presentation at the Junior Leader Training. I took 4 poles and gave them 4 pieces of rope and they had to make a carrier to run a team member around a course. I picked the teams and I gave no instructions on how to make a lashing or what type of carrier must be used. The point was to a) have fun, b) work in a group not of your choosing but tossed into situations where you are unfamiliar with the people you are with and c) given little instructions use you own minds to come up with a vehicle that would satisfy the challenge. I must say they all did very well and we saw some interesting carriers. It was funny that 2 of the groups used all 4 poles and made 4 proper lashings and the other 2 made 'trick' carriers. One tied all the ropes between 2 poles and made a sling the other used 2 poles to make an X with one lashing and then tied the poor rider to the poles with the other rope. Since there were no winners and it was just a fun exercise everyone enjoyed themselves and had a few laughs as well.

That evening the wife and I watched The Exorcism of Emily Rose. It was very good, and NOT a horror movie as one would think but more of a courtroom drama. There were no real jump out a scare you times and it was very interesting how the defense told the tale of possession and they did a flash back to Emily Rose and how it happened. Then the prosecution would relate the same story with a logical non-spiritual twist. I enjoyed it very much.

Otherwise it was a weekend of cleaning, doing taxes (YEA REFUND) and sitting on the couch with the wife and talking while she clipped her coupons. Another busy week ahead and tomorrow I start to workout again. I worked until 1am last night and could not get out of bed for the life of me this morning......

Till Next Time

1 Comments:

At 9:51 PM, Blogger Brent said...

1 am??? You're crazy!!!

I watched the same movie this last weekend. Some folks told me they hated it because they thought it would be really scary. So I watched it knowing it wasn't. I enjoyed it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home