Thursday, March 02, 2006

Lent, Baseball and the Internet

It is Lent for us Catholics and time to give something up for 40 days. I should have been thinking on this for some time now but it kind of snuck up on me. I am not sure I am 'giving up' something but I will take this time to try and be a better person. Attend Mass EVERY Sunday, cut down on the swear words, stop junk food and push myself more in my workouts. So far so good: no junk food today, added 6 minutes to my cardio session and I have yet to say *&@# or @)$(* and certainly not @$$(&@*!!!!! Pray for me.

The World Baseball Classic is ready to go. I have mixed feelings about this one. I think I will enjoy the competition but I am fearing the fact that this is right before the regular season and these guys will be going all out to play and win whereas in spring training games they are just warming up. No one makes that diving catch or pitches through the pain to get the win in March. I will be watching and I will be cheering but I think they should have scheduled this better, like maybe after the World Series, and highlight the baseball programs south of the border. South America has an incredible baseball program as do the Caribbean nations. Lets go South for the winter and hold this thing after the post season (like the Pro Bowl in the NFL). Just my 2 cents. I thing if one major star gets injured you are going to have a lot of pissed off owners and fans. By the way Venezuela all the way!!!!

The Internet is a wonderful tool. That's all, I just liked the way the title worked and I could not find a suitable replacement for Internet....

2 Comments:

At 11:48 AM, Blogger Aunt Murry said...

Like I have to ask...Who is your favorite Bball team??? Mine? The Cubs of curse. I like them weathr they lose or they lose. I've been a fan since I was a kid.

 
At 11:49 AM, Blogger Aunt Murry said...

Man I really need to get these nails taken off my typing is atrocious. Yes, I am blaming them for the spelling errors also!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home