Friday, April 21, 2006

Friday Night Lights

For the first time in a month we are not having severe weather here in Indianapolis.  For the past 4 Fridays we have been balls to the wall coverage of some terrific storms!!!  Lightening, hail, high winds, straight line winds and tornados.  All of this making us cover up regular programming with special weather coverage.  It will be nice tonight to just do the news and then go home and not freak out when hail starts breaking windows, or the tornado sirens start going off.  It will be fun night with the family, a game, maybe a movie and then early to bed...
 
Survivor last night was a let down.  I am so sorry that Bruce had to leave.  We really liked him and although I did not have him pegged for the final four, I think he might have made a difference if he went over to Terry and his crew early.  Shane is a psycho, that man is crazy and Courtney is just as weird!!!  Terry now has a huge chance of making the Final Four and could go all the way!  I love Thursday Nights!!!!!
 
The boy is back today from his school trip.  I missed him and it was nice to have some time to cool down after the past 2 weeks of frustration.  He promises a big change and I will hold him to it.  He has a report due on Tuesday and he already started working on it, so we are off to a good start!  We also have Opening Day for little league tomorrow, it is just pictures adn such but it will be nice to be back in season.
 
Speaking of which, my past two books have been Baseball books, the first was The Bronx Zoo by Sparky Lyle.  It is the story of the 1979 Yankees, the first team I really followed, Munson, Lyle, Goose, Reggie, Guidry, Randolph, Bucky and Nettles.  Now I am reading The Last Night of the Yankee Dynasty by Buster Olney.  This is the 1994-2001 Yankees, when my son first started following baseball, Jeter, O'Neill, Clemens, Williams, Giardi, Posada, Cone, Wells, Riveria, and Tino.  Quite the insight to baseball and my favorite team, the Yankees.
 
Hope you all have a great weekend and find the time to hang with family, read or watch a game or two.....

1 Comments:

At 8:43 PM, Blogger Brent said...

The weather has been fairly mild here for some reason. I know you folks have been lashed around something terrible!! Just hang on and keep the video cam handy!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home