Friday, April 28, 2006

Year In Review

Unlike most, I like to do my year ender at my birthday and not January 1st.  Since the former is tomorrow but I am out of town I figured I'd take a moment to reflect.
 
Travel:
After getting back from Cooperstown in March we spent a quiet summer at camp and at home enjoying the backyard BBQ.  Come Fall Break we headed east and visited our Nation's Capital, Washington, DC.  After an awesome 5 day trip there we again stayed home for the holidays.  After the new year we went west and hit Arizona and the Grand Canyon.  At the end of March I went back to New York to see friends and draft a baseball team.  It was an awesome year for travel  we were able to see some things that are once in a lifetime events with the whole family.  Memories were made and great times had.
 
Business:
Work worked out this year.  I was given more responsibilities (little to no money) but got into a nice comfortable groove.  I have a new shared office and a real desk at which I have family pics and my own PC...something I never thought I would have working in television.
 
Family:
The family is great.  The wife and I have been getting along real well this year.  We look forward to a time when the boy leaves the nest and moves on to college and we want to move to a smaller home.  The boy was in a little trouble but overall he is developing into a great young man.  Everyone trips up and we hope that it is all behind us now!!!  The dog is the same, she is so much a part of our family that she is always included in big decisions...could be good could be bad but I will never call her my 'kid'...
 
Personal:
I've done a lot of things I wanted to do this past year.  I also did a lot I did not.  I worked out pretty well and continue to do so.  I had a bad stretch of January, February, March; but over the entire year I did a great job!  Clothes fit better and I feel better outside doing things like coaching, or just tossing the ball around, hiking in the Grand Canyon or walking Monuments in Washington DC.
 
All in all it has been a great year.  I look forward to this new one and hope to expand on my shaping up with better eating and lifestyle choices.  As well as doing more family things and maybe even getting a motorcycle.  The way gas prices are going I think I might not have that much of an argument from the wife......
 
Till Next Time!

1 Comments:

At 12:37 PM, Blogger Aunt Murry said...

Happy Birthday!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home