Monday, August 28, 2006

It's Such A Good Feeling

Remember that old Mister Roger's song, he sang it at the end of the show.  Lately I have been just coasting.  After hearing that Bell's Palsy can be caused by stress I am trying to go easy on life.  And just do things, no thought, no reason, if something needs doing just do it.  It has been small things like picking up some trash at the park the other day.  Wasn't mine, just walking by but I can see a trash can so why not.  Or waving a car over or through while making a turn.  Taking 2 minutes every night and straightening the house.  Putting in a little time with my Scout Troop, stepping up when they need a volunteer.
 
It is a little funny that doing these things makes you feel a little better.  The house is cleaner, the wife appreciative of the effort, the neighborhood looks great, the Scouts know your name and come to you for assistance or advice.  I try to instill that same thought into the boy.  I hope he takes it to heart.  Yesterday we went out to Target to pick up ink for the printer to finish a school project.  While the wife and I were out the boy stayed home to finish it up before printing.  When we got home he was done and sitting on the couch watching ESPN.  We got the ink and printed out the project and finished it up.  As I walked downstairs I noticed the 2 large trash bags we had filled that morning were gone.  I had asked where they went.  He told me when he was waiting for us he took all the garbage out to the trash cans.  Now that is the shit!!!!!
 
It's such a good feeling to know you're alive.
It's such a happy feeling: You're growing inside.
And when you wake up ready to say,
"I think I'll make a snappy new day."
It's such a good feeling, a very good feeling,
The feeling you know that we're friends.

1 Comments:

At 8:25 PM, Blogger Brent said...

People don't appreciate what they have until a part of it is taken away. It's human. We are all that way. You've had a small part, or maybe a large part, taken away. You've obviously adjusted your focus on what is important. Good for you. Now run with it. Make it all that it can be.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home