Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Brass Monkey

Me so tired. We had a huge thunder storm last night. I know because the dog jumped into bed and sat on my head. I woke at 2:37am and did not hear anything. I asked her the normal questions when she wakes me. I ask if she wants to go outside, if she does she jumps down and races out of the room; she sat there. I asked if she needed water, when her water dish is empty if we are downstairs she will knock it over and make noise. When I am upstairs and she wants water she will whine and paw me, she sat there. By this time the wife woke and asked what was going on, I told her the dog was in bed and she said she saw a storm coming on the weather report.

A few minutes later the boom and rain came down and stayed for about 20 minutes. The rain continued through the night but the thunder and lightening was big, bad and scary as hell for the dog. She curled into a ball and squeezed into the small of my back. And there I lie, with the dog pressed behind me and the wife on the other side, I was a non-sleeping sandwich.

Needless to say I got no sleep and got up at 6:30 to drive the boy to school and work out. I did both now it is time for work.....

Till Next Time

PS No Pop Ups!!!! Thanks Brent

2 Comments:

At 9:29 PM, Blogger Brent said...

WOW!! No pop-ups tonight! Just your blog. How refreshing! Your days sound so much like mine, but since I have three kids it's times three! You and the missus need to pop out two more so we are even.

 
At 9:42 PM, Blogger Aunt Murry said...

I'm glad that you did not scaold the dog for jumping in bed. Sammy barks at the lightening. I asked that vet and she said that it makes a very high pitched whine before it lightes up the sky and that is likely when he barkes.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home