Friday, January 19, 2007

What Happened To US.

What happened to us these past 30 years? What happened to Men, what happened to Women. Where have our balls gone? My 8th grade son is coming home and talking about the evils of Christopher Columbus, my wife has to apologize to a bad employee when she yells at her and then 'makes her feel bad" and if I talk about a movie or TV show around the water cooler that someone else finds offensive I can lose my job.

I know I have written about this before but it still bugs me that we are becoming a nation of momma's boys and weepy nancies. And no not a gay thing just a frustrated look at the path we are taking. Some of my best friends from grade school were guys I beat the hell out of or they beat the hell out of me. Afterwards there was a hand shake and a friendship. When a classmate acted out he got his butt sent down to the office and did detention and if they had to a nun smack his ass. There was no meeting with doctors and then meds given to 'focus' him. When you were being a bad ass down the street a person could look out the door and yell at the kids to knock it off or he'll tell your parents and you ran like hell. Sports had scores. We won games and lost championships and that made us better players and better people. After you kicked someones ass on the field you lined up and shook hands. And when you needed it your parents gave you a good smack to the back of the head.

And finally when a person called a man a liar he got a punch to the face...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home