Thursday, November 01, 2007

Waking Up...

New month, new me. I did very well these past few weeks on South Beach. Lost some weight and have clothes that fit now. Time to move into the next phase, re-commit myself to the program and get back to the YMCA. I enjoy going there 4 times a week for almost 2 years. Now it is time to start it back up again...

I hope everyone had a great Halloween. WE had about 40 kids, not as many as last year. Maybe because the block is getting older or maybe because it is on a Wednesday this year and everyone had school the next day. Either way I have too much candy in the house that must GET OUT NOW!!!

Interesting incident on vacation last week. Our first day of travel was horrible. What was to take 6 hours took 12. At each step of the way we called our rental place and kept them informed as to our arrival time. It was a small airport and we did not want to get there and get stuck with a Yugo for the week. When we arrived there was one other person at the place, it was after 6pm and the lot was pretty empty. The other guy was approached and told that the lot was very thin this time of day (he to was late in arriving) and that they had a nice car for him (mid-size sedan) and were taking off x amount of dollars for the inconvenience. He looked at the employee and said "I want a big car". The employee looked at him, looked at the computer and said that there were none available right now, the guy got a little red and said "I WANT A BIG CAR". Pause, now I can understand a bit if you needed a big car (like I do) or you have a lot of people and or luggage but a) this guy would disappear in a Beetle and b) had ONE carry on.

They drove a Magnum (read BIG CAR) in and the driver got out and walked up to the annoying person and said Bryan?, he looks at the car and says, "Is that my Big car?" and reaches for the key. I step up and say I am Bryan and the employee comes to me instead. Annoying guy looks dejected. We load up our Big car when the other employee comes back and says to AG we have a Chevy Impala (also a big car) available. AG sighs and says, fine like a 3 year old who was just told he needed to take a bath before watching TV...

The rest of the weekend whenever something happened that we were unhappy with one of us would go, BUT I WANT A BIG CAR!!!!!!

1 Comments:

At 8:19 PM, Blogger Mindie said...

There are still Yugos around? :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home