Thursday, June 30, 2005

I Believe...

In America.

I believe that this is the greatest country in the world. I believe in the melting pot and that the diverse make up of our country is what makes it so great. I love my heritage (Irish/Italian) and believe it was the values and beliefs my fore-fathers and yours brought from their homeland to here, then expanded and shared with others that made this country.

I believe in our Constitution, our Declaration, our Bill of Rights. I believe in our laws (not so much the system) and I believe in the theory of our government. For the past 200 years America has been the home base for invention, art, society, strength, salvation for the world. Nowhere else can a man or woman start with nothing and end with everything. Whether it is millions and your own jet or just a nice house to raise your family in, success is based on you and what you want to achieve. You can live in a high rise with millions of people as neighbors or in a nice little cabin in the woods with no one around for miles and miles. You can have your say, speak your mind, mind you business or be whatever you want to be!

I believe this country gives us the freedom and chance to do anything we want and I believe that is part of our downfall. I believe big companies have made their money and are pulling up shop and settling down in countries with cheap labor; I believe movies, TV, music and video games while entertaining are creating a generation of emotionless automatons that think they deserve everything but do not have to work for it. I believe our government is becoming that rotten apple in the barrel, they have lost sight of what matters in the country, US. Not special interest while we spend $2.50/gallon for gas, not more aid to foreign countries while millions go hungry, not ignoring the borders while illegals take jobs from us, not Terri Shivo, the 10 Commandments and Napster while millions can't afford health care, our jails are overcrowded and teens are killed for their I-pods.

Rome is burning and Nero is playing his fiddle and no one can stop him but us. It is time to retake America and shine up the dull silver, clean up the streets and reform government. It will not be Ward and June Cleaver with pearls and pipes but I want to let my child roam the neighborhood and enjoy childhood, I want to be able to go to the movies, or the Grand Canyon without bankrupting us, I want to walk down Main Street and not see homeless or be mugged or watch a family live out of a car. America is tired and a little worn around the edges but should not take too much elbow grease to make her shine again.

2 Comments:

At 9:56 PM, Blogger Brent said...

Damn, you nearly got me to enlist in the marines!!

 
At 2:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Who knows where to download XRumer 5.0 Palladium?
Help, please. All recommend this program to effectively advertise on the Internet, this is the best program!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home