Wednesday, February 08, 2006

She Thinks I'm Cute

Driving back from Scouts last night, the boy was telling me about his day at school...blah blah blah same old thing, doing well, having fun, asked out a girl to a dance, science is cool, BACK THE TRUCK UP!!!! Apparently they are having a Valentine's Day dance and the boy asked one of his classmates to go...and she said yes. He was very cool about it and we talked about her and how he asked, they only see each other at two classes so he gave he A NOTE with his cell number on it and when he got home from school she called (I think she asked her parents) and said "I would love to go to the dance with you." AWESOME.

I did tell him that nothing should change in school, scouts, sports or home and that he would not be on the phone 24-7 with her. He seems excited and might even wear a tie to the dance...ah young love.

I am not sure how I feel about being a father with a son old enough to ask girls to the dance!!! The wife already volunteered to chaperon and the boy rolled his eyes...I know he'll be the perfect gentleman and have a good time!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home