Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Good Day Sunshine!!!

Wow, what a difference a day makes!!!! Yesterday I went into work, same old same old. Then I got called into the office for a quick 'talk'. I was thinking what the hell did I do now, but my boss pushed up my annual review a month (actually almost 2). See they powers above wanted to get my raise in the books for this year. That is good when she said that. She then showed me my review sheet, you know the one, several questions with the 1-5 rating good better, excels, needs improvement. So I get a 75, so far the highest has been 65 so I am ahead of the curve. Looks like 3%, but then she tells me that since I have taken on a new show (Spanish Language news) and have not complained about it she went upstairs to ask for more money. I was shocked but expecting a little extra in the check (like an extra 1-2%) but then she laid out the number and it works out to a 12.5% raise that they made retroactive a few weeks!!!! HOLY SH*T!!!! Needless to say I was walking on air for the rest of the day.

So I guess in the end it does pay to do your job, keep your head down and when the boss calls, come a running!!!

Merry Christmas to us!

2 Comments:

At 9:12 AM, Blogger Mindie said...

Holy Cow! That is great news, just in time for Christmas! Congrats! You deserve it!

 
At 11:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is TERRIFIC news. Congrats! You deserve it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home