Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Works For Me Wednesday


Christmas Card Remembrance:
Every year I take out the old address books and struggle to make heads and tails of people's moves, last time we got a card, new arrivals, etc. So now when we get a Christmas card from someone I teat off the return address and stick it in my address book. I make any addition info on the back (new house, new kid w/name, etc). When the season is over and the crazy is done I take a moment and sit down with the address book and make any and all changes needed. Once everything is correct I then toss the return address scrap and I will be ready come December next for another round of Christmas cards!!!
At least that is how this guy keeps all his ducks in a row for Card Season.

5 Comments:

At 8:04 AM, Blogger Christine said...

That's a great idea! I'll have to do that this year- I already tore off some address labels of new people who sent us cards this year, I'll add them to my book.

 
At 8:38 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I do the tearing thing too - but I love the idea of writing in any updated fam info on the back - thanks for the tip!

 
At 10:23 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I do the tearing-off and updating later, too, but never thought about adding new info. -- great idea.

I also used to cross out people's old addresses and then just make a new entry, but, my, some people move a lot and I have so many crossed-out places. So, when I go to update now, I print the new addresses on return-address labels and put it over the old address.

 
At 3:35 PM, Blogger M said...

Great idea. I just stick the old envelopes in my address book- your way is better.

 
At 8:51 PM, Blogger Brent said...

I'm getting ready to send my cards tomorrow. I'm such a slacker!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home