Thursday, May 10, 2007

The Razor...

Like one of my regular reads (Brent) my son is of that age where things are growing on the body. Now I am a hairy man. I have had a mustache since 1988. I shaved it off once in the mid 90's and my son freaked out because he did not know who I was (he was 5). It grew back quickly and I have had it ever since.

Now my son seems to want to join in the family tradition. Unfortunately it is that "I am 14 and just able to grow a little hair" type of mustache. So this past week I went and bought the boy some disposable razors. Now when the wife saw them in the shopping cart I thought she would faint. We are old enough to have a child who needs a razor. The package is sitting on the bathroom sink waiting for me to show him how it is done without killing himself.

Well I have 2 problems. One is that when I do show him, it will be official and I will be the father of a boy that shaves (shudder). The other is that I am not too sure I am the man for this. Shaving the upper lip is a tricky situation and except for one time in 1998 I have not done it in almost 20 years. I am sure we will all be fine. He will be happy to be rid of that awkward stash, I will pass on a father/son rite and we can both tease the wife about how old she is to have a shaving son!!!!!!!

Labels:

2 Comments:

At 9:11 AM, Blogger Mindie said...

I'm glad I'm not a man. Having to shave every day must be awful. But then again, men don't have to have babies, which is also pretty awful...

 
At 12:12 PM, Blogger Aunt Murry said...

Hee Hee, oldie but a goodie!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home