Friday, November 23, 2007

The Day After...

Was it just me or did that Made-For-TV Movie scare the hell out of you as a kid?!?

Thanksgiving was once again a blessing for my family. We had my folks and my sister and my nephew over. The wife outdid herself as always. Deep-fried turkey, mashed potatoes, green bean casserole, creamed onions, stuffing, stuffed mushrooms, squash, and canned cranberries. We loaded up and found that several of us had NO ROOM on the plate for the actual turkey!!!

Dessert was homemade Chocolate cream pie, cannoles and apple pie, plus a fruit tray! They waited for me to get back from work and we ate at 3pm and then again later in the night and a 3rd time during the Colts game. We watched movies, played games and just sat and talked. I am fortunate to have a close and loving family and for that I am extremely grateful! A great afternoon spent with good food and great family!!!

Now off to work, but first let us see if the pants still fit!

Happy Thanksgiving to all!!!!

3 Comments:

At 2:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your holidays always seem so calm and cozy. Hope you had a wonderful day, it sounds like you did!

 
At 11:24 AM, Blogger Aunt Murry said...

I had to read the title again. It was on the Sci fi channel not to long ago and my Mom laughed when I told her that we (meaning all my friends at college) ended up staying in the same room all on the floor because we were scared. Seems silly now. The cool part was knowing where all the places they were talking about because I live here.

 
At 1:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Was that the one with Jason Robards? I seem to recall another "nuke" movie around the same time where someone was threatening to blow up Charleston. The movie was done as a series of news bulletins, kind of like War of the Worlds.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home