Monday, June 26, 2006

The Long Haul

Well the weekend from hell is OVER!!!!!! After spending 12 glorious hours working freelance (not said in sarcasm) I awoke very early on Sunday to pick up the boy from his security detail at the Festival. We then went back and worked the booth for a few hours, then got ready for the parade.

Thirty minutes before start time the temperature dropped about 15 degrees and the police came through the parade route telling everyone to seek shelter, a storm was coming with a tornado watch. We spent 45 minutes in the car the saw the Fire Trucks start to line up for the parade. A few bands cancelled due to the continuing rain (ruin the instruments) but we all had a great time!!!

After the parade is was off to Cheeseburger In Paradise to celebrate my father's birthday. Everyone was starving and we picked up the bill (yikees)!!! With full bellies I went to work (Directing the 10pm newscast) and the rest of the family went to see the fireworks.

Home at Midnight I crashed and did not wake until I started writing this entry...so no workout but very well rested (I had suitcases under my eyes all day yesterday). The boy is sleeping in, most likely till 5pm and I am leaving for work ( Day 9 in a row)....see ya!!!!

1 Comments:

At 8:04 PM, Blogger Brent said...

You make it hard for the rest of us to complain! Slow down!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home