Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Up, Up and Away...

Look up in the sky, it's a bird, no it's a plane, no it's....a tent!!!!!

After having a father/son talk about responsibility, taking intuitive,
and thinking outside the box, he did just that. After returning from
our camp out a tent needed to be cleaned and aired out. So he took it
upon himself to set it up in the backyard (like we always do) on a
nice day, open the flaps and air it out. we never stake it or put on
the rain fly (we dry that separately). So he sets it up and then
meets me at a meeting. During the meeting a rogue thunder storm comes
out of nowhere (it was 80 at the time of the meeting). We finish up
and head home.

At home I look out back and see my little storage shed (Rubbermaid) in
several pieces, and then notice the lack of tentage in the yard.
Winds had come and blown my little mower shed apart and took the tent.
We spent the better part of 30-45 minutes looking for it in the
neighborhood to no avail.

The next day the boy and buddies expanded the search and finally found
the tent. It was 5 houses down in the next development, the owners
saw it fly by and grabbed it and threw it in the garage and waited for
the tent owner to show up. That was very nice of them and the boy was
relieved that we did not have to replace the tent for the Troop....

PS Superman Returns opens today and I have to admit, while not a big
Superman fan I am a little excited.......check it out.

1 Comments:

At 12:11 PM, Blogger Aunt Murry said...

that is too funny. I can just see the conversation..."Where'd the tent go?" "I don't know, it was right here when I left" Classic. Stuff like that happens to me all the time. Wait until you miss place a puppy dog. That's fun.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home